BAKING PIZZA IN A WOOD-FIRED OVEN
Upgrade your Sourtastic pizza baking and impress your family and friends
Simple but clear step by step instructions on how to make a perfect wood-fire pizza
Great for total beginners if you’ve tried baking in a wood-fire oven but also for those who want to learn some new tricks
There are so many ways you can bake a pizza but one of the most delicious and unique ways is definitely pizza baked in a wood-fired oven. It has a typical slightly charred crust while the cheese is melted just enough and toppings retain nutrients. That’s because a wood-fired oven can reach the soaring temperatures that are required for a properly cooked pizza.
In this course I will show you and teach you the basics on:
- how to prepare the oven
- how to start a fire
- how to prepare and bake your pizza
- what you need to bake in a wood-fired oven
- how to shape the pizza dough – into the perfect round shape
Why is wood-fired pizza so delicious?
- Wood-fire ovens heat evenly up to 900 degrees F (480 C) – that cooks pizzas at an even temperature, in less than 2 minutes
- Charred and smoky flavour
- High heat helps the toppings to remain their freshness and flavour
- It is very healthy as more nutrients and vitamins are retained
- Crunchy and smoky crust but puffy and soft in the middle
Is wood-fired pizza healthy?
Yes, all homemade bread and pizza sourdough are vastly healthier and tastier. Soaring temperatures of the wood-fire oven make sure pizza is baked fast. A lot of vegetables lose antioxidants and nutrients when exposed to high temperatures for a long period of time. Soaring temperatures of the wood-fire oven make sure pizza is baked fast and that’s how toppings don’t lose their nutrients and make pizza healthier.
Let’s not forget about the dough – sourdough is already a lot healthier than dough with commercial yeast, has less gluten, it is high in vitamins and easier to digest due to fermentation.